Welcome to The Buendi Times!

Welcome to The Buendi Times!
The Best Part of the Day

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Alex


Hi there!

My name is Alex and I am new as a teacher this year! It is hard to believe that camp is almost over, I have enjoyed every single bit and I feel blessed for having been part of the Buendia family!

Yesterday night was the famous “terror night”, where the kids were not safe..! There was a Zombies infection all over campus and they had to survive the zombie take over without being caught, to save the world from the apocalypse. After, kids were organized by groups and experienced the house of terror which they entered at their own risk! It seemed like they were enjoying rather than being scared, although sometimes they could not help to scream and it looked like they were a bit terrified after all!

After having a (hopefully) good night of sleep, the kids had civilization day today. Each teacher was part of a different civilization, ranging from the Romans to the Vikings all the way to the Egyptians. The kids had to walk around campus and had to do different activities that were linked to a specific civilization. I was part of the Roman one, and my activity involved a typical Roman ball game, which the kids (luckily) really enjoyed! J

Tomorrow is going to be the famous theatre day, the day to which we all have been looking forward to! I am excited and curious to see all groups performing, but I am also sad that it is going to be our last day tomorrow..

It is crazy how fast time has flown by and I am sure I am going to miss being around the kids and being here at camp!

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment